Cowlitz 2 Fire & Rescue currently has two rooms available for public meetings or private events at our headaquarters station located at 701 Vine St in Kelso.
Our Conference Room can comfortably hold less than 10 people. There is a table and chairs available and a restroom in the lobby. There is not public wi-fi access. Technology access is reserved for district business only.
Our Station 29 Classroom can comfortably hold less than 25 people. There are tables, chairs, a sink, a microwave, and restrooms available. There is not public wi-fi access. Technology access is reserved for district business only.
Use of the space is free for public meetings hosted by government agencies or non-profit agencies that:
- Do not charge an entry fee or membership fee
- Are not fundraising
- Are not promoting or selling products
Use of the space for private events is available for residents of our fire district for a fee of $50.
The following rules apply to all groups using the facility:
- At least two weeks’ notice is required to reserve a space, however, reservations will not be accepted more than three months in advance.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted on district premises.
- All district premises are tobacco-free.
- Children must be supervised at all times and are not allowed to play in hallways, apparatus bays or areas of the district’s facilities other than the meeting room being utilized by the group and/or individual. Children under 12 shall be under a parent or guardians’ supervision at all times and are not allowed to wander.
- Animals are not allowed on the premises, with the exception of service dogs.
- Storage of group materials is not available on district premises.
- Users are not authorized to fasten materials to walls with tacks, pushpins, nails, etc.
- Users or activities that may disrupt or be considered a nuisance by neighbors to the district facilities or to district personnel are prohibited and will be asked to leave.
Kitchen facilities are not available for use:
- You may serve coffee/tea, light refreshments (e.g. cookies, muffins), or have food catered.
Tables and chairs are available for your meeting:
- Your group is responsible for setting up the room to meet your needs.
Cleaning of the facility and equipment is the responsibility of your group:
- Before leaving, please ensure that the meeting room and restrooms are returned to the original state.
- Trash can be taken to the dumpster on site.
A Facility Use Agreement must be signed prior to your event, and if it is a private event, the fee must be paid in advance at our headquarters station at 701 Vine St in Kelso during our business hours.
District activities take priority over public use. If there is a need for the space, we will notify you as far in advance as possible to reschedule. If there is an emergency during your scheduled time, your event may be immediately terminated and you will be asked to leave.