Lateral Employment Opportunities
Cowlitz 2 Fire & Rescue is recruiting for the position of
Lateral Level Firefighter/EMT and Firefighter Paramedic.
- Candidates must be 18 years of age or older at the time of application
- High School graduate or equivalent (GED)
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license with an insurable driving record
- NREMT or WA EMT certification or
NREMT or WA Paramedic certificate with ACLS, PALS and PHTLS certificates
- Successfully pass drug screening, comprehensive background review, and psychological testing prior to hiring
- 2 years continuous full time employment as a firefighter including within the last 12 months
At time of employment offer, candidates must:
- Be IFSAC FFI certified
- Have a current CPAT card
2020 Firefighter Salary: $5,978 - $6,575 monthly + benefits package
General Information about the Application Process:
- Application packets are available at the link below.
- Only complete application packets will be reviewed. Application packets must include:
- Completed application packet (including background check authorization forms)
- Photo copy of current driver’s license & 5-year employment driving abstract
- FFI Certification (or proof of scheduled test date before 12/31/20)
- CPAT Certification (or proof of scheduled test date before 12/31/20)
- ICS 100, 200, 700, 800
- High school diploma or GED, and any higher degrees you have obtained
- If applicable, attach a copy of your military DD214
- Current EMS Certification (with ACLS, PALS and PHTLS for paramedics)
- Any other relevant professional certifications you have obtained that you want to include
- Applications may be emailed to [email protected] or mailed or returned in person to :
Cowlitz 2 Fire & Rescue
701 Vine St
Kelso, WA 98626
- Applications packets will be reviewed and top candidates will be contacted for the next steps in the application process.
- If you have previously applied for a position with Cowlitz 2 Fire & Rescue and are interested in this opportunity please contact us at 360-578-5218 to verify eligibility.